Deuel Area Development, Inc (DADi) is a non-profit corporation, 502 (c) 3, that exists to facilitate local and regional community and economic development in the Deuel County area.
Deuel Area Development, Inc.,(DADi) has a vision for the future of Deuel County to be a vibrant place for people to flourish, to earn a productive living, to build businesses, to appreciate the natural beauty of the rural Prairie Coteau and to value the gift of community. Read about DADi, our Stakeholders and the Coteau here. Take a look around our website and then contact us; become a friend of Deuel County!!
In January 2014, DADi and ECDC completed a merger of the two corporations. For more information on DADi's Timeline, please see history here.
Board of Directors and Executive Board for 2021
Pictured left to right: Craig Evenson, Past Executive Director Joan Sacrison, Vice Chairperson - Terry Pederson,
Front row: Arla Olson, Secretary - Daryl Feilmeier, County Rep - Steve Rhody. Not pictured is Chairperson - Hancy Hartenhoff-Crooks, Treasurer - Deb Lessman, City Rep Gary Eide. There is one vacant spot on the board at this time.
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, owns property, or goes to school or church in the Deuel area. We welcome all businesses, individuals and organizations. We invite you to join as your funding continues to keep Deuel County moving forward.
Office & Staffing. The DADi office is located on the east end of the 1st floor of the Deuel County Courthouse. Tammy Krein is the part-time Executive Director of Deuel Area Development, Inc as of June 1, 2021).
Get Involved! Are you community minded and think about getting involved in civic organizations? We need you in our county! Contact us and we encourage you to get involved.
At the present time we have these committees along with the director:
- Wildlife Estates Committee: Daryl, Craig & Terry Pederson
- CLCommunity Garden: Daryl, Deb & Karlys Wells
- Clear Lake Housing/Industrial Committee Established in 2018: Gary Eide, Harry Mewherter, Ren, Daryl, Craig, Chad & Rich (Committee on hiatus)
- Deuel County Community Transit Committee: Rachel Pfaffendorf, Carol Olson, Tammy Krein (DADi), Ruth Twedt (Sanford)
- Wellmark Healthy Hometown: Ruth Twedt & Tammy Baer (Sanford), Kayla Bucknell, Karlys Wells, Darla Toben, Tammy Krein (DADi)