It is the mission of Deuel Area Development, Inc. to:
1) Discover, define, and continually update the goals for desired economic opportunity and quality of life in the Deuel County area.
2) Maintain a full-time strategic plan for accomplishing these goals through collaboration with established entities and/ or organizations.
3) Maintain a relationship with the proper regional and state organizations and entities that will enhance our area efforts.
4) Maintain and establish long term funding for Deuel Area Development, Inc and area wide development efforts.
Our vision for the future of Deuel County is that this will be a vibrant place for people to flourish, to earn a productive living, to appreciate the natural beauty of the rural landscape and to value the gift of community.
We hope to instill a progressive approach to building community capacity. This includes fostering vibrant business sectors throughout the County, offering community based activities for residents and tourists alike, strengthening the leadership capacity of youth and adults while creating opportunities for people of all ages to call Deuel County “home”. Ultimately, we will have a collaborative “community” that works together to accomplish common goals.
DADi's Initiatives and Work Links
DADi Activities & Accomplishments 2008 - 2009
DADi 2010 Priorities
DADi Impact Statement 2011
DADi Impact Statement 2012
DADi Impact Statement 2013
DADi Final Project Report to USDA - Fall 2013
DADi Impact Statement 2014
DADi Impact Statement 2015
DADi Impact Statement & Membership Drive Letter 2016
DADi's 2016 Annual Report
DADi's 2017 Annual Report
DADi's 2018 Annual Report
DADi's 2019 Annual Report
DCIF's 2019 Annual Financial Report
DADi's Beginnings and a Continuum Through the Years
- 2007 - Community Assessment
- 2008 - Legal Entity
- 2009 -
- Hired Full-time Executive Director
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant Award to Deuel Area Development
- Strategic Plan Established
- Housing Assessment
- 2010 -
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant - 2 Awarded to Deuel Area Development
- First Fundraiser held at Prairie View Golf Course with Dinner following at Buffalo Ridge Resort
- NESDEC (Grow SD) Grant for E-ship
- 2011 -
- Organizational Branding on Logo
- Gary, SD Office Established at Deuel National Bank
- Former Director (Briana Hoffman-Fabris) Resigns, New Executive Director (Joan Sacrison) Hired in August
- $1000 Grant awarded for trees on Main St. Clear Lake
- First RBEG Grant completed in Fall of 2011, Management of 2nd RBEG until Fall of 2013
- Second DADi Fundraiser Held at Clear Lake Golf Course
- Collaborating with East Central Development Company in Clear Lake and the Revitalization Committee
- 12 Workshop & Training help and Grant awarded by SD Community Foundation for Website Start-up
- 2012 -
- Website Launched www.DeuelArea.com
- Toronto, SD Office Established at First State Bank (Offices now in Gary, Toronto & Clear Lake)
- Business Resource Center created in DADi's Office
- Dances held in Gary
- Kitchen and Business Incubators developed
- Bi-Monthly Newspaper Article
- Entrepreneurial Coaching
- 2013 -
- E-Coaching E-Resources, Technical Assistant Grants awarded from RBEG-2
- Entrepreneurial Focus - Start-ups beginning
- Deuel Community Kitchen established at Deubrook School in Toronto
- Business Resource Center established in DADi's Office
- RBEG-2 Grant ends
- Gary Area Betterment Committee Began
- 2014 -
- 2014 Capital Campaign Membership Drive
- 2014 Deuel County Community Survey
- Future Strategic Planning
- Merger of ECDC with DADi
- 2015 -
- Membership Drive
- Awarded through HD Electric the USDA REDLG Loan/Grant of $300,000 for Wildlife Estates in Clear Lake.
- This is a no-interest loan and needs to be paid back in 10 years. See Real Estate for more information.
- Broke ground for Wildlife Estates for all the infrastructure for 16 Lots are for Sale
- Entrepreneur Luncheon
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in DakotaFire Magazine.
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in "Dakota Life" on South Dakota Public Broadcasting.
- Backroads Dakota Facebook Page began featuring small town business "Gems".
- Spoke with High School Classes 10th - 12th on Business Plan Development and Entrepreneurship
- Continuum on Infrastructure for Wildlife Estates
- Website New Facelift
- USDA-Rural Development Officials from Washington DC. Tour the Deuel Community Kitchen in Toronto
- Department of Agriculture Land Analysis for Deuel County for AID or CAFO's.
- Brochures, Covenant, and packets made for Wildlife Estate
- First Wildlife Estates lot was purchased.
- Deuel Community Kitchen Chef moves her "Day of the Dead Salsa" into 9 stores in Brookings and Sioux Falls. Included in those are Hy-Vee's. And 3 new Chefs begin.
- Many opportunities working with JAG students in the high school.
- Department of Agriculture Land Analysis survey by DADi continues after a few glitches on website into 2018.
- Continuation of E-Coaching Business Start-ups and Existing Business assistance.
- New online directory Travel Backroads takes the place of "Dakota Backroads" to promote all small business in the state and surrounding bordering states.
- Governor's Office of Economic Development visited 4 businesses in Deuel County.
- DADi working with JAG (Jobs for Area Graduates) in the Deuel School system.
- Became a member in Dakota Resources
- Attended RuralX, Energize!! from the SDSU Extension, GOED, Grow South Dakota Round Tables, Midstates Conference, Guest speaker on a Dakota Resources webinar on kitchen incubator,
- 2nd Year of Clear Lake Area Community Garden
- Formed a HAIS Committee (Housing and Industrial Site) and met with state entities learning about affordable housing issues.
- Sold 2nd Wildllife Estate Home
- Various promotional materials to promote DADi, Wildlife Estates
- Welcome Back baskets to participating Class Reunions
- Agri-Tourism - Researching Shooting Sports
- Agri-Tourism - Assistance in working with SS for Building with the County
- 4-H Memorandum of Understanding with DADi for fundraising efforts.
- DASH, Inc. - Memorandum of Understanding with Dolphin After School Hours, Inc. for fundraising and operational efforts.
- Dakota Resources - Loan to help in building of 2019 1400 sq.ft Spec Home, ADA compliant on one of W.E. Lots.
- 13 Lots remain for sale
- Building of Spec Home creating local jobs through local business
- Community Garden
- Workshops & Class - Quickbooks & Excel
- Quickbook Accounting in DADi Office
- 9 New Inquiries for Start-up Biz and helping various businesses
- Mentor to High School Youth
- Wellmark Healthy Hometown Initiative