Friends and Alumni of Deuel County
Philanthrophy is Good!
Your gift is crucial to continuing growth and development in our communities. When you donate and support Deuel Area Development you are helping to keep Deuel County thriving and moving forward. So many times Economic Development organizations get thought of as financed by governments (they do invest in our services), when in fact it is businesses and people reinvesting in their communities to keep them vital. We spend a great deal of time focused on the doing; the business expansion, start-ups, and other activities that make Deuel County such a great place to live. Fundraising is crucial and very important to fuel these efforts. When people give to economic development it's a cause to celebrate.
Support Deuel Area Development!
Working on bringing in and sustaining industry, retail businesses, housing and maintaining the quality of life, within our county is very important. We cannot do it without you, the communities, entities, business and individuals. Your tax-deductible gift will go to continuing economic and community development in Deuel County. Your gift helps our communities thrive during a time when sustaining our rural landscape may be difficult. Deuel Area Development, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 and donations you give are tax-deductible.
Donate below at any time to support Deuel Area Development.
You do NOT need a Paypal account to donate to Deuel Area Development, you can use your debit or credit card.
November 31, 2021 for this years' South Dakota Day of Giving!!
Give the Gift of Grain or Livestock!
Give a gift that will keep on giving. Build the future of our communities. Reduce Your Taxes. It’s easy!
For more information call Deuel Area Development at (605) 874-8038, Deuel Area Development,Inc. is a non-profit corporation that exists to facilitate local and regional community and economic development in the Deuel County area.
How will my contribution be used?
- To invest in people.
- To invest in students.
- To support programs and services.
- To support projects.
Guidelines for Donating Grain:
- The producer should consult with his or her tax advisor to determine whether this gift is appropriate to their tax situation.
- Specific steps are required by the IRS to ensure intended tax benefits.
- The gift must be from unsold grain inventory – there can be no prior sale or pricing commitment.
- The grain must be physically delivered farm commodities.
- The grain cannot have a lien against it. If it does, a lien waiver from the lender is required.
- The producer should call Deuel Area Development to confirm the details and complete a gift letter prior to delivering the grain.
- We will communicate directly with the grain elevator to give instructions to sell the grain and disburse the proceeds.
Please visit with your tax accountant and/or attorney and consider this avenue this year. Thanks!
- For many cash basis producers, significant tax savings can be achieved by donating crops directly to DADi.
- The producer will not realize taxable income from a sale, thus minimizing taxes.
- The producer is still able to deduct the entire cost of production on Schedule F.
- Depending on the producer’s specific circumstances, savings may be realized on federal and state income tax and self-employment tax.