Beginnings of Deuel Area Development, Inc.
DADi's Beginnings and a Continuum Through the Years
- 2007 - Community Assessment
- 2008 - Legal Entity
- 2009 -
- Hired Full-time Executive Director
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant Award to Deuel Area Development
- Strategic Plan Established
- 2010 -
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant - 2 Awarded to Deuel Area Development
- First Fundraiser held at Prairie View Golf Course with Dinner following at Buffalo Ridge Resort
- NESDEC (Grow SD) Grant for E-ship
- 2011 -
- Organizational Branding
- Gary, SD Office Established at Deuel National Bank
- Former Director Resigns, New Executive Director Hired in August
- First RBEG Grant completed, Management of 2nd RBEG until Fall of 2013
- Second Fundraiser Held at Clear Lake Golf Course
- 2012 -
- Website Launched www.DeuelArea.com
- Toronto, SD Office Established at First State Bank
- Business Resource Center created in DADi's Office
- 2013 -
- E-Coaching E-Resources, Technical Assistant Grants awarded from RBEG-2
- Entrepreneurial Focus - Start-ups beginning
- Deuel Community Kitchen established at Deubrook School in Toronto
- RBEG-2 Grant ends
- 2014 -
- 2014 Capital Campaign Membership Drive
- 2014 Deuel County Community Survey
- Future Strategic Planning
- 2015 -
- Membership Drive
- Awarded through HD Electric the USDA REDLG Loan/Grant of $300,000 for Wildlife Estates in Clear Lake.
- This is a no-interest loan and needs to be paid back in 10 years. See Real Estate for more information.
- Broke ground for Wildlife Estates for all the infrastructure for 16 Lots are for Sale
- Entrepreneur Luncheon
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in DakotaFire Magazine.
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in Presentation on South Dakota Public Broadcasting.
- Backroads Dakota Facebook Page began featuring small town business "Gems".
- Spoke with High School Classes 10th - 12th on Business Plan Development and Entrepreneurship
- Continuum on Infrastructure for Wildlife Estates
- Website New Facelift
- USDA-Rural Development Officials from Washington DC. Tour the Deuel Community Kitchen in Toronto
- Department of Agriculture Land Analysis for Deuel County for AID or CAFO's.
- Brochures, Covenant, and packets made for Wildlife Estate Interest
- First Wildlife Estates lot was purchased and home placed.
- Deuel Community Kitchen Chef moves her "Day of the Dead Salsa" into 9 stores in Brookings and Sioux Falls. Included in those are Hy-Vee's. And 3 new Chefs begin.
- Many opportunities working with JAG students in the high school.
- Department of Agriculture Land Analysis survey by DADi continues after a few glitches on website into 2018.
- New business Start-ups
- Executive Director starts Travel Backroads online directory business to promote all small business in the state and surrounding bordering states.
- Governor's Office of Economic Development visited 4 businesses in Deuel County.
DADi's Initiatives and Work (click on blue link to see a copy)
DADi Activities & Accomplishments 2008 - 2009
DADi Activities & Accomplishments 2009 - 2010
DADi 2010 Priorities
DADi Impact Statement 2011
DADi Impact Statement 2012
DADi Impact Statement 2013
DADi Final Project Report to USDA - Fall 2013
DADi's Annual Report and Impact Statement September 2014
DADi's Impact Statement for 2015
DADi's Membership Drive Letter for 2016 (Reflecting on 2015)
DADi's 2016 Annual Report
DADi's 2017 Annual Report