Beginnings of Deuel Area Development, Inc.
DADi's Beginnings and a Continuum Through the Years
- 2007 - Community Assessment
- 2008 - Legal Entity
- 2009 -
- Hired Full-time Executive Director
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant Award to Deuel Area Development
- Strategic Plan Established
- 2010 -
- USDA's Rural Business Enterprise Grant - 2 Awarded to Deuel Area Development
- First Fundraiser held at Prairie View Golf Course with Dinner following at Buffalo Ridge Resort
- NESDEC (Grow SD) Grant for E-ship
- 2011 -
- Organizational Branding
- Gary, SD Office Established at Deuel National Bank
- Former Director Resigns, New Executive Director Hired in August
- First RBEG Grant completed, Management of 2nd RBEG until Fall of 2013
- Second Fundraiser Held at Clear Lake Golf Course
- 2012 -
- Website Launched www.DeuelArea.com
- Toronto, SD Office Established at First State Bank
- Business Resource Center created in DADi's Office
- 2013 -
- E-Coaching E-Resources, Technical Assistant Grants awarded from RBEG-2
- Entrepreneurial Focus - Start-ups beginning
- Deuel Community Kitchen established at Deubrook School in Toronto
- RBEG-2 Grant ends
- 2014 -
- 2014 Capital Campaign Membership Drive
- 2014 Deuel County Community Survey
- Future Strategic Planning
- 2015 -
- Membership Drive
- Awarded through HD Electric the USDA REDLG Loan/Grant of $300,000 for Wildlife Estates in Clear Lake.
- This is a no-interest loan and needs to be paid back in 10 years. See Real Estate for more information.
- Broke ground for Wildlife Estates for all the infrastructure for 16 Lots are for Sale
- Entrepreneur Luncheon
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in DakotaFire Magazine.
- Deuel Community Kitchen featured in Presentation on South Dakota Public Broadcasting.
- Backroads Dakota Facebook Page began featuring small town business "Gems".
- Spoke with High School Classes 10th - 12th on Business Plan Development and Entrepreneurship
- Continuum on Infrastructure for Wildlife Estates
- Website New Facelift
- USDA-Rural Development Officials from Washington DC. Tour the Deuel Community Kitchen in Toronto
- Department of Agriculture Land Analysis for Deuel County for AID or CAFO's.
- Brochures, Covenant, and packets made for Wildlife Estate Interest
DADi's Initiatives and Work (click on blue link to see a copy)
DADi Activities & Accomplishments 2008 - 2009
DADi Activities & Accomplishments 2009 - 2010
DADi 2010 Priorities
DADi Impact Statement 2011
DADi Impact Statement 2012
DADi Impact Statement 2013
DADi Final Project Report to USDA - Fall 2013
DADi's Annual Report and Impact Statement September 2014
DADi's Impact Statement for 2015
DADi's Membership Drive Letter for 2016 (Reflecting on 2015)
DADi's 2016 Annual Report